-These lecture slides were prepared and used by me to conduct lectures for 1st year B. Tech.
students as part of ME 101 ? Engineering Mechanics course at IITG.
- Theories, Figures, Problems, Concepts used in the slides to fulfill the course requirements are
taken from the following textbooks
- Kindly assume that the referencing of the following books have been done in this slide
- I take responsibility for any mistakes in solving the problems. Readers are requested to rectify
when using the same
- I thank the following authors for making their books available for reference
R. Ganesh Narayanan
1. Vector Mechanics for Engineers ? Statics & Dynamics, Beer & Johnston; 7th edition
2. Engineering Mechanics Statics & Dynamics, Shames;
3. Engineering Mechanics Statics Vol. 1, Engineering Mechanics Dynamics Vol. 2, Meriam &
Kraige; 5th edition
4. Schaum?s solved problems series Vol. 1: Statics; Vol. 2: Dynamics, Joseph F. Shelley